Thursday 9 May 2019

The Next Right Thing by Emily Freeman

"Let's ... consider what it means for us to do the next right thing now. Not the next big thing. Not the next impressive thing. Just the next right thing in front of us. So what *IS* our next right thing?" (Emphasis mine)

This week's proving to be a bit of a toughie, one way and another, so this quote from Emily Freeman's book The Next Right Thing, has been a balm to a slightly battered soul. Just thinking of the next thing, instead of the loads of other things on my radar presently, helps break that 'rabbit in the headlights' feeling, and enables me to step forward.

I'm a mere 15 pages into this book, reading it around lots of others which I need to read for work purposes, and it's already touched me. I'm looking forward to getting further in.

No comments:

Post a Comment